A FileCache error, "Unable to obtain exclusive file lock" may occur on a Blueworx Voice Response VoiceXML 2.0 system that is configured with multiple application nodes.
- Cannot lock a file because of a potential deadlock condition.
- Unable to obtain exclusive file lock.
These errors are logged in the standard log.n.log files in the
Resolving the problem
- Stop the VRBE environment: 'dtjstop' followed by 'dtjshost -exit'
- Edit the VRBE configuration file /var/dirTalk/DTBE/native/aix/default.cff.
In each of the application node configuration sections, add (or modify) the JavaCommand entry so that it includes the following parameter:
where <name> is a unique name for each application node (you could use the application node name).
- Save the changes and then import the new configuration using the dtjconf command.
- Restart the VRBE environment: 'dtjshost' followed by 'dtjstart'