Are there any hints and tips to avoid known issues when migrating Blueworx Voice Response from Version 4.2 to 6.1?
- Review the Migration section in BVR V6.1 Information Center.
Run saveDT to back up current data
- If you plan to save your current data with saveDT tool from BVR V4.2, ensure the fileset dirTalk.DT.rte is at 220.127.116.119 or higher.
- Follow the extra steps for restoring system parameters to prepare for saveDT or manual backup of the System Parameter database file ($SYSPARM_DIR/rd.data).
- The saveDT program will backup the VRBE configuration database ($DTJ_DIR/default.cff and $DTJ_DIR/config.cfd). After restoring the 4.2 data with restoreDT program, run dtjconf command to validate and update the VRBE configuration.
- Check the fix level of bos.rte.libc for this known problem and solution of VRBE JVM coredump
- Check the fix level of bos.rte.libpthreads to avoid the known problem of JVM hang.
- Java 6 32-bit is required for using VoiceXML or Java API. Avoid this VRBE startup problem with Java 6 SR 7 or higher.
Installing / upgrading DB2
- If SMIT installation failed with DB2 error, check this DB2 DBI1087 error and solution technote.
- If DB2 V9.5 is installed but at a level lower than 18.104.22.168, follow the technote for Fix Pack upgrade.
License User Management configuration (i4blt)
- Check this i4blt problem details and solution - LUM CLN-83 error.
Install MRCP plug-in
- The VRNode may fail to start if the VRBE configuration has references to TTSService or RecoService on a newly installed Blueworx Voice Response V6.1 system. This error will prevent the post install script from finishing the required VRBE import. Follow the solution for DTJ3017 to complete the setup.
Incoming_Call state table
- Some customers have updated the Incoming_Call state table to include the special setup on answering incoming calls. For example, changes are required to receive DNIS from Avaya Converse connection.
The state table Incoming_Call is backed up by the saveDT program. If another migration path is taken, manual change to the state table is required.